Here's How it Works:
Students from Daviess County are featured on the covers and throughout this year's publications. You and your school have a chance to be featured throughout next year's books – and you may win the $500 "Promote Your School" college scholarship to boot! We'll come to the winning school to take pictures for use in our publications.
KHEAA will award a $500 "Promote Your School" scholarship, usable at the Kentucky college of the winner's choice, to the high school sophomore who does the best job of answering ONE of the following topics:
How I will inspire others to do better
How education makes a stronger community
- You must be a high school junior during the 2018-2019 school year.
- You must attend a Kentucky high school whose students are eligible to earn KEES awards.
- The deadline for receiving entries is May 31, 2018.
- Essay entries must be no longer than 200 words.
(Careful: We count and disqualify!)
- At the top of your essay, put the topic you've chosen to address.
- At the bottom of your essay, put your name and the name of your school. They'll be marked out before copies are given to the judges. We don't want the judges to know what school an entry is from.
- Do not include your name, the name of your school or its mascot, city, county or community in the essay itself.
- If your essay is handwritten, please make sure it is written in ink and is legible. If we can't read it, we can't judge it!
- Do not include a Works Cited page.
- Do not include your rough draft(s).
- Poems will not be accepted as essays.
Students from schools featured in the past five years — Logan County, Daviess County, STEAM Academy, Somerset Christian, and J. Graham Brown — are not eligible to enter this year’s contest. Children of employees of KHEAA or the Kentucky Higher Education Student Loan Corporation (KHESLC) are also not eligible.
Mail your "Promote Your School" essay to:
P.O. Box 798
Frankfort, KY 40602–0798.
You can also fax it to
or email it to