Work Ready Kentucky Scholarship program for high school students
- A high school student must:
- Be a Kentucky resident
- Be enrolled in a Kentucky high school
- Be enrolled, or accepted for enrollment in, an approved dual credit course at an eligible institution
- Approved dual credit courses for the Work Ready Kentucky Scholarship are limited to Career and Technical Education (CTE) coursework that is in a career pathway approved by the Kentucky Department of Education as leading to an industry‐recognized credential
- The student's high school will send information to KHEAA identifying the students who enrolled in CTE coursework. KHEAA will, in turn, contact students to have them submit their preferences for college and semester of scholarship use.
- Funds are awarded on a first-come, first-served order based on the date students submit their scholarship preferences.
- Equal to the dual credit course amount charged by an eligible college or university
- Limited to two approved CTE dual credit courses per year.
- Participating colleges and universities have agreed to:
- Charge no more than the dual credit tuition ceiling rate, which is 1/3 of the KCTCS hourly tuition rate ($56 per credit hour for the 2018‐2019 year), for all dual credit courses taken by Kentucky high school students regardless of scholarship eligibility
- Charge no additional fees to dual credit students including, but not limited to, lab fees, special equipment and admission/application fees.