Parents’ College Planning Timelines
- Help your student become an active learner by discussing the importance of taking notes in class, asking teachers questions and taking part in class discussions.
- Talk with your child about the importance of taking classes in high school that will prepare him or her for college.
- If you haven’t started a college savings account, do so as soon as possible. You can encourage your student to do the same.
- Encourage your student to complete the Career Matchmaker in the Kentucky or KHEAA ILP.
- Help your child identify personality traits, interest and skills as well explore career options using the Kentucky or KHEAA ILP.
- Set up a distraction-free area at home where your student can do homework.
- Establish a set time for your student to do homework.
- Involve your student in making decisions to develop his or her problem-solving skills.