Teacher Scholarship Program
The Teacher Scholarship Program provides financial aid to Kentucky students pursuing teacher certification at participating Kentucky colleges.
- Student must:
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be a Kentucky resident.
- Meet one of the following criteria:
- Be admitted to a teacher education program pursuing initial teacher certification at a participating Kentucky college; or
- Be a certified teacher (primary through grade 12) pursuing additional credentialing for classroom teaching.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Meet school’s satisfactory academic progress requirements.
- Teach one semester at a Kentucky public or certified non-public school for each semester the scholarship is received.
- Repay the scholarship plus interest if the teacher education program or service requirement is not completed.
- Up to $2,500 per semester.
- Service commitment:
- Complete teacher education program.
- Provide one semester of qualified teaching service at a school certified by the Kentucky Board of Education for every semester of scholarship receipt.
- High school teachers providing dual credit (postsecondary) instruction to students, as well as teachers in critical shortage areas, will receive double service credit (one semester of teaching = two semesters of scholarship service credit).
- Teacher Scholarship application.
- The 2018‐2019 application deadline was May 1, 2018.