Optometry Scholarship Program
The Optometry Scholarship program provides eligible Kentucky students the opportunity to attend a participating school of optometry to become certified practitioners rendering medical service in the Commonwealth.
- Student must:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be a Kentucky resident
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment at a participating institution in a program of study that leads to a doctor of optometry degree.
- A student may submit a scholarship application prior to being accepted for enrollment. However, it is recommended applicants take steps to be accepted at a participating institution prior to the December 1 deadline.
- Have no past due financial obligations to KHEAA or to any Title IV program.
- Participating institutions:
- Kentucky College of Optometry
- Indiana University College of Optometry
- Southern College of Optometry
- University of Alabama Birmingham College of Optometry
- Award amount:
- Varies each year based on available funding
- Scholarship decisions have been finalized for the 2022-2023 year.
- The 2023-2024 year application will be available in July 2022.