Planning for College
Getting In Part 2
General Undergraduate Admission Process
- Choose the school or schools to which you want to apply.
- Visit each school’s website, and request information and application packets from each school.
- Gather the documents and any other materials that must be included with your application.
- Choose the type of admission you want to apply for.
- Review your application and materials carefully before submitting.
- Send your application in by the deadline.
- Your application is received by the school and reviewed by the school’s admission committee.
- You’re accepted, denied or placed on a waiting list. The school lets you know about its decision. If you’re denied admission, you may be able to appeal.