Dual Credit Scholarship Program
The Dual Credit Scholarship provides assistance for Kentucky high school and home school students who are taking dual credit classes at a participating Kentucky college or university. Eligible students may receive scholarships for up to two classes.
- Student must:
- Be a Kentucky resident; and
- Be enrolled in a Kentucky public or private high school, or Kentucky home school, in grades 11 or 12; and
- Be enrolled, or approved for enrollment, in an approved dual credit class at a participating Kentucky college or university; and
- Complete a 30-minute college success counseling session each year a scholarship is awarded.
- Equal to dual credit class amount charged by the participating college or university.
- Limited to two dual credit classes.
- May not be used for developmental, remedial or repeated classes.
Participating colleges and universities have agreed to:
- Charge no more than the dual credit tuition ceiling rate, which is 1/3 of the KCTCS hourly tuition rate ($54 per credit hour for the 2017-2018 year), for all dual credit classes taken by Kentucky high school and home school students regardless of scholarship eligibility.
- Charge no additional fees to dual credit students including, but not limited to, lab fees, special equipment and admission/application fees.
- Kentucky public and private high school students:
- The student’s high school will send information to KHEAA identifying the students taking dual credit. KHEAA will, in turn, contact students to obtain college and semester preferences for scholarship use.
- Kentucky home school students:
- Complete and submit the Dual Credit Scholarship Application. The 2018-2019 application will be available in June.
- KHEAA will notify all applicants of their award or denial status.
- Scholarship funds will be disbursed by KHEAA to the student’s participating college or university upon receipt of enrollment verification.
Dual Credit Scholarship Program Resources
- Frequently asked questions
- College success counseling video
If you have questions or need more information, please contact KHEAA at (800) 928-8926 or email@example.com.