Minority Educator Recruitment and Retention Scholarship
- Student must:
- Be a Kentucky resident.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be a member of an ethnic minority as defined by the school and state law.
- Be enrolled full-time in a participating Kentucky college.
- Major in teacher education.
- Be seeking initial teacher certification.
- Maintain a 2.75 GPA.
- Teach one semester in Kentucky for each semester the scholarship is received.
- Repay the scholarship plus interest if does not complete program or service requirement.
- Up to $5,000 per year.
- Contact Division of Educator Quality and Diversity, Kentucky Department of Education, 500 Mero Street, Frankfort, KY 40601, (502) 564-1479; or the coordinator at the school.
- Deadline set by the school.