The Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority (KHEAA) is a public corporation and governmental agency and instrumentality of the Commonwealth established in 1966 to improve students' access to higher education. To that end, KHEAA administers several financial aid programs and disseminates information about higher education opportunities.
KHEAA's mission statement is:
Expanding educational opportunities by providing financial and informational resources that enable Kentuckians to attain their higher education goals.
KHEAA is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Board Meeting Schedule
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is composed of 10 voting members appointed by the Governor. In addition, the President of the Association of Independent Kentucky Colleges and Universities, President of the Council on Postsecondary Education, Secretary of the Finance and Administration Cabinet, Kentucky State Treasurer, and the Commissioner of the Kentucky Department of Education serve as voting, ex officio members.
Our board members also serve on the boards of the Kentucky Higher Education Student Loan Corporation (KHESLC), Kentucky's Affordable Prepaid Tuition (KAPT) program, and the Asset Resolution Corporation (ARC).
Appointed Board Members
- Megan C. Bailey
Warren County Public Schools
- Andrew Brennen
- Finance and Audit Committee Chair
Kentucky Student Voice Team
- Cathe Dykstra
CEO, Family Scholar House, Inc.
- John Dougherty, Jr.
- Ellen Cartmell
- Program Manager
Kentucky Department for Public Health
- Dr. Carl P. Rollins
- Retired KHEAA/KHESLC CEO/Executive Director
- Greg Roush
- Program Committee Chair
Retired High School Principal
- Rita Smart
- Retired State Legislator
- David Son
- Leslie Combs
Retired State Legislator
Ex Officio Members
- Mason Dyer
- Interim President
Association of Independent Kentucky Colleges and Universities
- Allison Ball
- State Treasurer
- Dr. Aaron Thompson
Council on Postsecondary Education
- Jason Glass
Kentucky Department of Education
- Holly M. Johnson
Finance & Administration Cabinet
- 2022 Annual Report (3.3 MB)
- 2021 Annual Report (3.12 MB)
- 2020 Annual Report (2.91 MB)
- 2019 Annual Report (7.74 MB)
- 2018 Annual Report (1.55 MB)
- Older versions of our annual reports are available by calling 502-329-7100 or emailing email@example.com.
Audited Financial Statements
- 2022 KHEAA Annual Audited Financial Statements (4.43 MB)
- 2021 KHEAA Annual Audited Financial Statements (3.99 MB)
- 2020 KHEAA Annual Audited Financial Statements (5.45 MB)
- 2019 KHEAA Annual Audited Financial Statements (2.12 MB)
- 2018 KHEAA Annual Audited Financial Statements (3.1 MB)
- Older versions of our audited financial statements are available by calling 502-696-7421 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.