Our Privacy Commitment
- By e‐mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By phone at 1‐800‐928‐8926
- By mail to KHEAA Website Information, Attn: Legal Department, P.O. Box 798, Frankfort, KY 40602‐0798
You have choices with respect to cookies. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the option to reject all cookies, which may, in limited instances, prevent you from accessing certain features on our website.
Users browse KHEAA's website anonymously, and personal information is not collected. KHEAA gathers and analyzes data regarding usage of the website, including domain name, number of hits to the site, pages visited, and time and length of a user's session. The data helps KHEAA analyze and upgrade the content, appearance, and utility of the site and track visitors' use of the sites for internal research or other business purposes.
KHEAA has implemented numerous security measures to protect users' personal information. Only authorized employees trained in proper handling of user personal information are given access to the information and only for the purpose of carrying out KHEAA's mission.
Data sent to KHEAA by users is collected using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to ensure only KHEAA receives the information sent by the user. Special software programs monitor traffic on KHEAA's website to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or cause damage to KHEAA's website. These programs do not collect personally identifying information about you, but they do collect information that enables KHEAA to identify someone attempting to tamper with its website.
Children's Online Privacy Protection Rule
KHEAA does not knowingly obtain information from children under age 13. KHEAA will remove from its files any information collected on a child under age 13 upon request by any parent or guardian of the child.
Information KHEAA Collects About You From Other Sources
KHEAA collects only the information needed to give its users the utmost quality service. KHEAA collects a limited amount of information about you not available publicly—"nonpublic personal information." This information is collected, either directly or indirectly, so KHEAA may deliver financial services you have requested. KHEAA is required by federal and state law to collect some information for purposes of processing applications for student financial aid.
KHEAA collects information about applicant account balances, amounts borrowed, and payment history to monitor an applicant's overall account relationship with KHEAA. It may be necessary to collect other facts concerning your financial aid usage.
KHEAA collects financial information about you from consumer reporting agencies to process loan applications, monitor your account relationship, and collect outstanding loans.
KHEAA collects your name, mailing address, e‐mail address, and telephone number, to send you information or contact you about your accounts.
KHEAA also collects your income, assets you own, or liabilities you owe, to process your application and determine the level of student financial aid that can be offered to you.
KHEAA receives nonpublic personal information about you from the following additional sources:
- Promissory notes, applications, correspondence, communications, or other forms (including the Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
- Transactions with KHEAA or others (such as your school, guarantor, lenders and holders of student loans, organizations providing services to lenders and holders of student loans, the U.S. Department of Education [USDE], state and federal officials, their agents, information clearinghouses that serve the financial aid industry, and any of the above entities' agents) or in any manner authorized by your applications or promissory notes and applicable law.
- Consumer reporting agencies.
- Individuals or organizations in the course of processing your student financial aid, disbursing your student financial aid, servicing your student financial aid, locating you, collecting or enforcing a claim of KHEAA, or providing a benefit.