Planning for College
General Undergraduate Admission Process
- Choose the school or schools to which you want to apply.
- Visit each school’s website, and request information and application packets from each school.
- Gather the documents and any other materials that must be included with your application.
- Choose the type of admission you want to apply for.
- Review your application and materials carefully before submitting.
- Send your application in by the deadline.
- Your application is received by the school and reviewed by the school’s admission committee.
- You’re accepted, denied or placed on a waiting list. The school lets you know about its decision. If you’re denied admission, you may be able to appeal.
College Admission Tips
- Apply early to make sure you’re a good fit for a college and the college is a good fit for you.
- Most students apply to two to five colleges.
- Get to know each school’s admissions counselors. They can help you through the process.
- Visiting the campus is the best way to decide if a college is right for you. When you’re there, ask lots of questions.