Distance learning can include courses delivered online, on TV, through the mail or off-campus. Online resources available in Kentucky include:
- Kentucky Virtual Campus (www.kyvc.org), the state’s official online program and class provider.
- Kentucky Virtual Library (www.kyvl.org), a 24/7 provider of access to interlibrary loans, full-text articles from more than 5,000 journals and magazines, and more.
- Kentucky Virtual Adult Education (www.kyae.ky.gov/kyvae), for adult education students and instructors. It provides GED preparation, workplace education, English as a second language instruction and more.
- The Education Professional Standards Board’s www.KyEducators.org, which provides learning opportunities for educators.
- Kentucky Educational Television (www.ket.org/education), which offers classes in high school subjects and adult education.
You can also visit colleges’ websites to see what distance learning courses they provide.